World's Best Carrot Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
2 c sugar
1¼ c canola oil
3 c grated carrots
1 c chop. walnuts (optional)
½ c raisins (optional)
Two 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
2 c confectioners’ sugar
¼c pure maple syrup
1) Preheat oven to 350º
2) Combine dry ingredients—flour through nutmeg—in a bowl.
3) Mix sugar & oil ‘til well blended. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
4) Stir in flour mixture. Stir in carrots, walnuts & raisins.
5) Butter two 9-in. pans. Line bottom with waxed paper. Butter &
flour paper; tap out excess flour. Divide batter btw. prepared pans, &
bake for 40 mins.
6 Cool cake completely before frosting.
1) Mix all ingredients on medium ‘til fluffy.
2) Chill frosting for 10—20 mins before frosting cooled cake