1 lb. green beans, trimmed & halved
1 T Olive Oil
1 lb. mushrooms, trimmed, wiped clean, diced
4 T butter
4 T flour
2 c whole milk
S & P to taste
2 slices white bread, torn into quarters
1 T butter, softened
2 tsp. salt
3 med. onions, sliced into thin, long pieces
Original OLF recipe
Double recipe for 9" x 13" pan
Soup works for any vegetable
1) Cook beans in boiling water 'til bright green & crisp-tender (6 mins.).
Drain & cool immediately in ice water. Dry on paper towel-lined cookie
2) Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour & stir 'til thick. Immediately add
whole milk, slowly & stirring continuously 'til smooth. Stir & cook 'til
blended & delicious (3 mins.).
3) Heat oil in saute pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms & cook
'til give up moisture (5 mins). Puree 'til smooth. Add to milk mixture.
4) Put next 4 ingredients (bread through pepper) in food processor & pulse
5) Dust onion slices with flour.
6) Heat skillet over med. high heat. Coat with olive oil. Add onions & cook
'til golden. Turn to cook on other side. Drain & cool. Add onions to
1) Add beans to soup. Arrange in 1 1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle w\onion
topping & back @ 425 for c. 15 mins.