|Spring Onion & Morel Galette
1 c all-purpose flour
⅔ c cake flour
½ tsp salt
3 T chilled butter
½ c sour cream
1 T lemon juice
3 T ice water
1¼ lb. spring onions
2 c fresh morel mushrooms
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ c grated Gruyere cheese
1) Combine flours & salt in medium bowl. Cut butter in sm. pieces, &
cut into flour with forks or pastry cutter, until mixture resembles
2) Combine sour cream & juice in a bowl. Stir sour cream mixture
into flour mixture.
3) Sprinkle surface with water, 1 T at a time; toss with fork until
moist & crumbly (do not form ball).
4) Gently press mixture into 4-in. circle on plastic wrap; cover. Chill
5) Roll out dough into 12-in. circle; ¼” thick. Freeze for 5 mins.
6) Place on baking sheet while preparing the FILLING (back).
1) Preheat oven to 400º
2) Thinly slice white parts of onions, reserving green tops.
3) Sauté in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat ‘til golden (15
4) Add mushrooms & cook ‘til moisture evaporates (5 mins.).
5) Remove from heat. Slice green tops of onions & add, with salt &
pepper, to pan.
6) Spread onion mixture evenly over dough, leaving 2-in. border;
sprinkle cheese evenly over onion mixture.
7) Fold edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal (dough
will only partially cover onions).
8) Cook on bottom rack at 400º ‘til browned (25 mins.).
from Cooking Light Magazine